Content Developer / Writer (Contractor)
High Point Discovered is looking for writers to help us in sharing the best and brightest moments in our city, High Point, NC. As a 501(c)3, High Point Discovered exists to connect our citizens to the greater community through our unique and authentic storytelling perspective.
HPD is seeking to engage with the services of a freelance writer on a contractual basis. This person would be part of our Creative Collective, a group of creative men and women who use their talents and creativity to tell the stories of our beautiful city, through photography, videography, written content, and more. With flexible schedule, competitive rates, and a passion for editorial style, High Point Discovered empowers creatives to use their craft to capture the best and brightest spots in High Point, NC.
To apply, please submit a resume and portfolio (or website link) to Creative Director, Hannah Ray at email@example.com.
- Proven passion for storytelling
- Experience creating engaging written content for web and social media platforms
- Strong grasp of the English language, grammar, and communication
- Creative thinking abilities
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Developing 1-2 long-form (1000-1400 words) blog articles per month
- Developing written copy for social media posts as needed
- Conducting interviews with article subjects as needed
- Proof-reading online articles for errors and inconsistencies
- Uploading and formatting articles in WordPress
- Participate in quarterly Creative Collective brainstorms to engage with the overall creative vision of the organization
- Release articles to High Point Discovered for print and digital use